Tips On The Perfect Outfit
I think it’s safe to say people have started to realise that some guys need specific plus-sized men’s fashion, so here at BigBoys we’ve gathered a couple of helpful tips on how to style out your wardrobe, making you feel comfortable in whatever you decide to wear!
“I Need Help Finding The Right Fit!”
One simple rule: the better the fit, the more comfortable you will feel and trust me when I say you’ll have a lot more body confidence when wearing your outfit. If an item is not the best fitting, sagging, bulges or wrinkles it is unfortunately amplified on big men’s clothes.
One of the mistakes some plus size chaps make when buying big man clothes can be buying those that are several sizes to big, hoping to disguise his shape. If your clothing is too big you will draw attention to your weight, add bulk to your body, and give off a sloppy impression.
Instead, you want your clothes fitted – don’t worry, not tight! You want your clothes to ‘frame’ your body shape, not by hiding it or hugging it… if that’s easy to understand?
3 Top Plus Sized Fashion Tips
Your probably always questioning, “well how am I suppose to dress if I’m a bigger chap”, there are a few key tips you must follow.
Here are our top tips:
- Keep it simple. If you’re a bigger guy you will want to keep the bright patterns and colour to a minimum. Solid neutral or dark colours are great.
- Layering is a great fashion tip for larger men, by adding lighter colours underneath, dark outer colours to brighten up the outfit and create a clearer vertical line down the torso.
- Avoid heavy or thick materials as they will give your shape a bulky outline (and they’re usually hot and stifling too – especially through the summer!). Instead, opt to lighter cotton materials and layer up if needing to get warmer.
Finding The Right Pair Of Jeans
When it comes to the waist down, we recommend maybe a slim jean, for big guys these will elongate your legs. Try to avoid skinny jeans as these won’t be best suited to your frame, instead try choose a slim pair, or even a straight cut but avoid anything baggy.
The darker the colour the better with jeans so go for black, charcoal grey, or a dark denim…these colours will suit mostly anything you wear on the top!
Just A Couple Of Extra Tips
- Go large on the accessories! – Through the different types of hot and cold weather, choose hats, scarves, glasses, and bags that draw the attention away from the torso.
- Wanting to wear stripes? – make sure you go for vertical, do try avoid thick stripes however opt for a more subtle thin stripe.
To finish off, lets just say it’s comforting to know that dressing well as a larger man is not really all that different to dressing well with any other body type, yes, fashion for the bigger man has a long way to go…but it’s getting there. Like mentioned above, it’s all down to finding the right fit for you, so hopefully BigBoys have helped you plan out your ‘Spot On Outfit’ with these helpful tips. One thing to also remember: ‘Size should never be a barrier for great style!’
At BigBoys we sell big size clothes for men, ranging from top brands such as Ben Sherman and Lacoste! I hear you say you now need to top up your wardrobe? Then shop bigboys.co.uk and order FREE UK Standard Delivery!